Saturday, January 22, 2011

Backyard Surprise

We took a walk to my mom's backyard today, and I was surprised to find these flowers poking out of the side of her planter box. These weren't a part of her landscape design, but are leftover from when my dad planted some seeds in the backyard years and years ago. Not sure what these flowers are called, but they smell great and look so happy. Good to know that my dad's legacy and his love of gardening lives on.

1/24/11 update: thanks to all for your comments about this post. Glad to know that this blog is being viewed and that it is being enjoyed. Thanks to your comments, I now know that this flower is a Narcissus, common name Daffodil. I can now confirm that these bulbs were specifically planted by my dad when I was in high school and I mentioned that it might be nice to have some flowers growing in the backyard. Not sure how likely it will be to be able to transplant them (the few are growing right underneath the edge of the sitting bench), but it's something I'll look into so that his legacy can live on (and they are such happy flowers :-D).

No comments:

Post a Comment